Grab your bottle of Fifth State Whiskey and get mixing...
Share your favorites below...
8 mint leaves
1 oz simple syrup
3/4 oz lime juice
1.5 oz Asylum Gin
2 oz ginger beer
- Muddle mint, lime juice & simple syrup in a shaker
- Add ice & Asylum Gin
- Shake & strain into mug over ice
- Add ginger beer & garnish with mint sprig
A quick intro to the world of whiskey...
- All are made from a grain (typically barley, corn, wheat, and rye)
- Distilled to below 80% ABV (other countries allow higher, but not in America)
- Typically aged in oak barrels (used American barrels are often reused in other countries like Scotland and Ireland for aging their whiskey)
- Different processes and requirements in various different countries
- Bottled at or above 40% ABV
Below are links to the legal definitions of some of the most common types:
How do you like to drink your whiskey or our whiskey? Please share below...